The GSD Internship Programme
Internship projects are approved by GSD in order to ensure that they complement the programme and the job aspirations of the student. This guarantees that students make the most of the opportunity to adapt their academic knowledge to professional life in their field of interest, to explore career paths, to acquire relevant hands-on practice, and to make important professional contacts.
GSD ensures that interning students incorporate their internship experience into the academic programme, by assigning them an internship coordinator who guides them in the fulfilment of written and oral requirements:
- Researching and writing a paper on their internship (10 pages minimum).
- An oral report and discussion of the paper to be presented by the intern at the end of the internship to the internship coordinator.
In order to help students in their internship search, GSD has developed regular agreements with a network of organizations, benefitting from its Geneva location and the nearby presence of embassies, diplomatic missions, governmental agencies, NGO's, multi-national private corporations, etc.
United Nations, Specialised Agencies and Other Bodies Within the UN Systems
Permanent Missions to the UN Offices at Geneva and to the Other International Organisations
- Costa Rica
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- United States
- Africa Progress Panel
- Franciscans International (NGO)
- Geneva Institute for Water Environment and Health
- Geneva Institute of Human Rights
- Global Fund
- Green Cross
- ICBL-CMC (International Campaign to Ban Landmines)
- International Bridges to Justice
- Management Global Information (MGI)
- NGO Forum for Health
- Reporters Sans Frontiers (RSF)
- Nuclear Peace Foundation