Finding an accommodation as a student is not always easy. We do, however, try to assist our incoming students in the best possible way in finding external housing.
Please be aware that the current housing situation in Geneva is extremely difficult and we highly encourage every arriving student to take all the steps possible before his or her arrival. Students from the wider Europe should make the necessary arrangements to visit places on their own in Geneva before the start of their classes whilst priority in available offers is given to students from non-EU countries who are unable to travel to Switzerland before the start of the classes.
IMPORTANT: Please be aware that, unfortunately, some of the housing offers available on the Internet can turn out to be scams. Therefore, keep the following in mind:
- Never send money to a stranger using a money transfer service.
- Beware of deals or opportunities that seem too good to be true.
- Always ask for the full details of the person (including telephone number) and the full address of the offered accommodation.
- Always make sure you can visit the place and meet the owner in person before signing any contract. Do not sign contracts via e-mail.
Student residences (foyers) in Geneva
- Résidence Village-Suisse
- Home Saint-Pierre (Foyer for girls only)
- Centre Saint-Boniface
- Foyer St-Justin
- Régie Foncière Student Résidence
- L’Accueil Résidence Pour Jeunes Filles (Foyer for girls only)
- Foyer International Pour Jeunes Filles (Foyer for girls only)
- Foyer George Williams
- Résidence Le Voltaire
- Foyer Universitaire de Carouge